Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Carly and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

It all started yesterday when I was groped on the bus.  Having been here for over 2 months, riding the bus at least twice daily, it's surprising that it took so long for this to happen!  You've heard from me before about how crowded the buses are, and when you're sardined it's sometimes hard to tell what exactly is touching what.  Which is why I think it took me over 1 min to realize someone's hand was somewhere it should not have been.  It's very crowded, to the point where you can't really turn around, so I kind of looked over my shoulder, threw some elbows, gave dirty looks to anyone in the vicinity and the hand disappeared.  But it kept coming back and I didn't really know what to do, also not really wanting to make a big scene on the bus, although I'm not really sure why.  Jacob was also there on the bus, but he was stuck standing on the stairs. Luckily this gave him a good view of the crime in action and he launched a sneak attack on the guilty hand.  I remained unmolested and the perpetrator got off at the next stop!

Other bad things that happened this day are as follows; the crows pooped on Leah's sari blouse that I was planning to wear today to the nurse counselor training I'm attending.  (I just scrubbed out the poop, and I'm still gonna wear it- please dont tell the nurses!).  I found out I'm being charged double for my drinking water, which makes me second guess my other bills.  The ants found their way into my facewash.  Due to the heat I thought it was a good idea to sleep in the coolest room in the house, the living room.  I went through the trouble of moving the bed, but didn't bother with the mosquito net.  Big mistake.  I was up all night, eaten alive!  The bastards bit me on the bottom of my feet.  Do you have any idea how hard it is to scratch the bottom of your feet?!?!  

I finally fell asleep sometime after 430am and then proceeded to sleep through my alarm.  I woke up at 830am, and usually I leave the house at 815am, so I had to take an auto to work today instead of the bus.  Also, I fell asleep with chewing gum in my mouth and when I woke up it was in my hair.  ok, that didnt' really happen, but it was a reference for the title of today's blog!  Then I found out that my one saving grace for today, my planned sari shopping trip with Geetha, has to be postponed.  ARGH!

All in all, it's really not THAT bad of a day.  If that's the worst of it, I think I'm in pretty good shape.  And right now it still beats a so-so day in the States!

4 comments:

  1. Poor Carly...it did sound like a horrible day. Let's hope the rest are so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had a bad day but I loved the story about Bob's play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just around the corner at the mega drug store you might find Absorbine Jr, Pharmacy school usually doesn't let us know that is good for multiple things including bites on the feet, it will also kill any other foot problems that heat and moisture might bring about!! Stay by friends on the bus, hope the elbow doesn't have to be used in the future. Have a better day tomorrow, Richard RPh at Sav-On & Eliz Too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "move the chains, move the chains, feel up your friend!" That should only happen at football games and with me...not cool.

    ReplyDelete