Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Home again, home again

Jiggity Jig! You know that feeling you get at the end of vacation when you're plane is landing and you're just glad to be home? That's how I felt flying into Chennai. Despite the horrible heat and humidity, It felt good to be back. It was comforting to be in a place where I could speak a bit of the language, recognize where I was and knew how things work and how much they should cost. After all that time spent with strangers turned new friends, it was good to see a familiar face (Jacob), even if it had grown a new mustache!



As much as I'm excited to get back to my real home, I'm not looking forward to getting back to my real life. I dread having to find a job, find a place to live, sort out my life and move on. Even unpacking and packing and cleaning up my room in my parents house seems overwhelming. I know that after a few days of being home, I will be longing for India and the simple happy life I've been living here. Despite all it's flaws (GAPP can talk for hours on end about this subject!), I'm definitely going to miss Chennai and I will be very sad to leave this place.

I still didn't get to visit anyone in the office or my old neighborhood, but here are some pics from my office, taken throughout my stay here in Chennai.  

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you. Will you come to Sharon for the 4th?

    One of my favorite quotes. "Got to move on. Got to travel. Walk away my blues."

    On to a new advventure. xoxoxox BK

    ReplyDelete