Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Map my run

As I've mentioned before, I sometimes try to run around my neighborhood so I can map it out; always trying to match the paper map of Chennai with the reality of my neighborhood.  One of my runs takes me past a movie theater that is actually on the paper map, and today I ran past it and got to another main street, which I think is also on the paper map.  I thought I knew where I was, but turned around because I did not have time for getting lost today. 

When I got to work, I decided to look on GoogleMaps and try to figure it out.  To my surprise, there is actually a good map of my neighboorhood and I was able to find some landmarks.  Inspired by Jacob (and my lack of actual work to do), I made my map.  There is not much on it, but I will try to add more as I find it.  Is is probably more useful for me, but maybe you'd want to see exactly where I live?  If I get ambitious, I'll try to add pictures too.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment