Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Welcome to my Blog


I think we all knew that once I joined Facebook, this was where I was headed!  The name of my blog comes from my friend, Kieran, in response to my lack of communication.  Problem solved!  I'll write it, but it's now up to you if you want to read it.

Tomorrow I'm moving to India.  I'm going to a short orientation in Lucknow, and then onto to Chennai where I'll be living and working.  That's about all I know.

Here's what I don't know.  I don't know where I'll be living and I don't know exactly what I'll be doing.  But this will be my new life for at least the next four months.  At least I'll be doing something and living somewhere I can call my own.  Since the end of August I've been gallavanting all over and haven't really felt like I belong anywheres.  Hopefully this will give me something to focus on.

Also, I don't really have plans for the blog.  Hopefully it will be funny/interesting stories about India and not rhetorical questions about why I turned my life upside down, but you never know.  As with everything else I've been told about this experience, it will probably benefit me more than others.  Fair warning; it may get personal.

So when you find that the weather is shitty or work sucks, or when you're just plain bored, you may find yourself thinking, "What the Efros is Carly doing?!?"  And now you can always find out!  Check back often.

Namaste,
C

6 comments:

  1. You need to add some Maize and Blue to this piece to represent! Good luck in India. Say hi to Shruthi's relatives (they're all related).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your first follower. Can't wait to follow all your diarrhea adventures!
    Safe travels, have fun, and banghra dance for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carly! Good luck with everything - what a great adventure; I'll be following! Steve Auster

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for things to get personal :o)
    Live it up in India!
    Love you. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are now one of my favorite bookmarks, so I will be checking often. This experience will be fantastic!
    It is cold and snowy in Sharon but when you get back the ice will just be going out and you can help put in the docks. You know you will always have a bed at the Kramer Heyman Inn. We will miss you. Be safe,have fun. We will be following you. Love you.

    Namaste.....BK

    ReplyDelete