Sunday, May 30, 2010

Some things I forgot to mention....

  • In Agartala, everyone (even policemen!) wears construction helmets while riding their motorbikes instead of regular helmets.  Everyone looks like architects!
  • In India, street food is usually served on newspaper.  In Shillong it's served on children's homework from 2001!  Learn math and/or English with every meal!
  • Shillong loooooves American Idol and every music/dance competition on TV.  We watched the American Idol final episode and people were genuinely upset that the boy won instead of the girl.  But they all sang along to all the Chicago and Hall and Oates songs, which was fun.
  • I met a guy who can't believe that I'm American and I don't LOVE hotdogs and hamburgers
  • The walls at my hotel are so thin I could hear the guy in the room next to me snoring and farting all night long

No comments:

Post a Comment